Remote work is permitted for this role or you may work on-site at the Power Settlements Office (2011 East Financial Way, Suite #116, Glendora, CA 91741).
Power Settlements is a growing Glendora, CA-based software development firm supplying software and support for energy companies in the ISO/RTO physical electric markets.
This position will be responsible primarily for back-end development and will be involved in projects that require integration to various interfaces.
This is a full-time, exempt position working core hours of Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Ability to integrate the SettleCore system to customer interfaces consisting of APIs, databases, and flat files.
- Outstanding problem-solver with database and software architectural skills.
- Experience with .NET Framework, web service development, micro-services, IIS, Microsoft Visual Studio, webpack or other similar technologies.
- Preferred knowledge with Vue (Vue.js), MS-SQL.
- Skilled in technical troubleshooting and demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Experience in test-driven development.
- Able to build scalable REST API-driven systems.
- Able to build cross-platform responsive applications.
What We Offer to You:
- Ability to work exclusively remotely, exclusively onsite, or a combination of the two that best suits you.
- Very strong compensation package. Outstanding developers receive outstanding compensation.
- Retirement account matching and healthcare and dental benefits.
- Fantastic career growth opportunities.
- Absolutely no company bureaucracy and no politics – just get work done.
Level of Education and Discipline:
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
Amount of Experience:
- 2-5 years of hands-on application development experience with C#.
- 1+ years of experience with SQL/T-SQL.
- 1+ years of experience with source code management tools is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Must feel comfortable communicating with customers.
- Experience in one or more North American energy markets (CAISO, MISO, PJM, ERCOT, NYISO, and ISO-NE) is a plus but is not required.
Developers must be comfortable with exercising independent judgment in carrying out their job responsibilities. This role requires excellent communication skills, above-average attention to detail, and excellent documentation skills. You must be comfortable interfacing with diverse customers and be flexible when handling project implementations (including schedule changes, increased development scope, etc.)