May work remotely from any location in the United States or at the Power Settlements office in Glendora, CA
Power Settlements is a growing Glendora, CA-based software development firm supplying software and support for energy companies in the ISO/RTO physical electric markets.
This position will be responsible for the advanced configuration, development, implementation, testing, refactoring, deployment, and support of web-based applications and integration of applications and data with client systems.
This is a full-time, exempt position working core hours of Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm onsite. This position also includes an “on-call” rotation (including nights and weekends) to help cover 24×7 support requirements. The position will report to the Manager of Application Development.
- Ability to build web applications including graphic elements, overall organization and navigational structure, layout, development, and usability of web pages and forms for ease-of-use.
- Outstanding problem-solver with great database and software architectural skills.
- Experience with .NET Framework (ASP.NET/ ASP.NET Core), web service development, micro-services, IIS, Microsoft Visual Studio, webpack or other similar technologies
- Preferred knowledge with Vue (Vue.js), MS-SQL.
- Skilled in technical troubleshooting and demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Experience in test-driven development.
- Able to build scalable REST API-driven systems.
- Able to build cross-platform responsive web applications.
What We Offer to You:
- Very strong compensation package. Outstanding developers receive outstanding compensation.
- Retirement account matching and healthcare and dental benefits
- Fantastic career growth opportunities.
- Casual dress.
- Absolutely no company bureaucracy and politics – just get work done.
- Perks: Keurig coffees, snack room, Friday catering, and Starbucks runs, and a quarterly foosball tournament.
- Great outside views with tons of greenery, looking out onto a golf course.
Level of Education and Discipline:
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
Amount of Experience:
- 2+ years of hands-on development experience with .NET Framework in C# is required.
- 1+ years of experience with source code management tools is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience as a Cloud Engineer or DevOps in Azure/AWS is a plus but is not required.
- Experience in one or more North American energy markets (CAISO, MISO, PJM, ERCOT, NYISO, and ISO_NE) is a plus but is not required.
Developers must be comfortable with exercising independent judgment in carrying out their job responsibilities. This role requires excellent communication skills, above-average attention to detail, and excellent documentation skills. You must be comfortable interfacing with diverse customers and be flexible when handling project implementations (including schedule changes, increased development scope, etc.)
Work may be performed remotely from any location in the United States.